Training Event – Ipswich, Suffolk
Wednesday 10th November 2010
10:00 AM – 16:00 PM
This is an one-day training that gives a practical knowledge of the issues involved for community groups while starting a social enterprise. This session is aimed at those community organisation who are thinking to trade for the community’s benefit, or want to start a brand new social enterprise. It is designed for those who want to develop further their community organisation, for those who are concerned about the long-term sustainability of their organisation.
If you are uncertain whether you have the right legal structure; if you want to learn more about the legal organisational structures available, or, if you just want to understand how your current organisational structure differs from others, then this training is for you.
Content of the day
By the end of the course, participants on this training will be able to learn about the following:
- The definition of social enterprises
- Common characteristics of social enterprises
- The differences between a social enterprise and a charity
- Some of the most popular legal structures for social enterprises
- The positive and negative sides of these legal structures
- How to set-up a social enterprise
- Considerations when starting a social enterprise.
If you are a community organisation based in Suffolk, Essex or Norfolk and need to book a place for your trustee, or staff members, please contact us, at any time, before the deadline via e-mail or telephone. There are limited places available and booking in advance is essential. The deadline for booking is 29th October 2010.
Download a leaflet about this training event (pdf)
Telephone: 01473 297 912
Mobile: 07908 952 405