The Refugee Council and Starbucks are working in partnership to support the employment of refugees. We are providing support and assistance to those needing help in accessing work as a first step towards building a new life.
Starbucks have pledged to support refugee employment globally and plans to hire 2,500 refugees to work at its coffee shops in Europe. This is part of the chain’s commitment to hiring 10,000 refugees worldwide over the next 5 years.
We are providing pre-employment training and one-to-one support to selected candidates followed by a guaranteed job interviews for Barista roles within Starbucks stores across London.
What we offer
- Employment advice and help with CV
- Pre-employment course (4 days, including an introduction to Starbucks)
- One-to-one job interview practice
- Support in completing applications and practising interviews
- A guaranteed job interview conducted by the Starbuck recruitment team
- Help and advice over the first few weeks and months in your new job as Barista
Who it's for
- Refugees with permission to work (to confirm refugee status BRP card, Home Office letter or family reunion visa are required on the first appointment)
- Living in London
- English speaking and listening Entry level 3 or above
- Over 18 years old
How to access this service
Register your interest using the form below.