An integration service working with refugees and delivered in partnership between RETAS, Refugee Council and PATH Yorkshire. Part funded by the EU Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund.
What we offer
Engage – move on and crisis support:
- Housing advice*
- Banking and universal credit advice*
- Health and wellbeing advice
- Immigration advice including OISC Level 1 A&P
Connect – social integration advice and activities:
- Conversation and English groups
- Understanding your rights course
- Confidence building course
- Wellbeing groups e.g. exercise group
- Events and trips
Aspire – education and employment:
- Employment, education and training advice
- Employability workshops and courses
- Visits to employers and work placements
- IELTS and SIA licence
Who it's for
Refugee / Humanitarian Protection / ILR (Settlement) / DLR (Over 12 months – as a result of an asylum claim) / Resettled refugees and family reunion
Please bring BRP or Home Office letter as proof of eligibility to access the service.
*Due to high demand, these services are only available to people who have recently been granted refugee status (within 28 days)
How to access this service
Please contact us by email or phone using the details below if you wish to make a referral/refer yourself to New Roots Leeds. If possible, please include contact details and information about access needs (e.g. need interpreter).