Please note: Our offices are currently closed, but we are continuing to provide support by phone and online.
UPDATE 15/06/2021: Please see below for our current service availability in London and the regions.
NEW SERVICE: MY VIEW REMOTE: We are delighted to announce the launch of our new project, My View Remote, which offers up to 12 sessions of 1:1 therapeutic support – either online or by telephone. This service is available to separated/unaccompanied children and young people aged under 18, and who live in a region of England not covered by our offices in Kent, London, Leeds or Birmingham. For more information or to request a referral form, please contact MyView.Regional@refugeecouncil.org.uk.
In order to maintain and develop the efficacy of our therapy model, the entire My View National service is now undergoing a large-scale evaluation. Please note that all referrals are subject to randomisation, and assigned to either treatment or a control group. In either situation, clients will be offered therapeutic support in line with our usual waiting times; some clients will be seen earlier.
Our aim is for young people to be waiting for no more than 12 weeks after their initial assessment to begin 1:1 sessions.
- London (Croydon and Stratford): Accepting new referrals.
- Birmingham: Accepting new referrals.
- Kent: Accepting new referrals.
- Leeds: Accepting new referrals.
- Remote: Accepting new referrals.
My View is a children’s therapy service, a safe, confidential place for young people to get well-being support. That can be through talking or doing creative work individually, or through group therapeutic support.
“I did not have any hope when I first came here. I was thinking to harm myself but you have supported me and gave me education to myself. I feel confidence and you have given me so much. Thank you so much!”
What we offer
- Individual therapy sessions
- Creative and Dramatherapy groups
- Gardening Therapy
- Psycho-social groups
- Psychoeducational workshops
- Regular training and workshops for other professionals working with separated child refugees
- Capacity building for local authorities to address the specific needs of young refugees
Who it's for
- Children (11-17 years old) who are in the UK without their families, and who are refugees or seeking asylum
- The service is available in Birmingham, Kent, Leeds, London (Stratford and Croydon) and remotely
How to access this service
To request a referral form or if you have a query, please contact:
- For Stratford or Croydon - MyView@refugeecouncil.org.uk
- For Kent, Leeds, Birmingham or Remote - MyView.Regional@refugeecouncil.org.uk