SERVICE UPDATE: LUTON – Please note that due to organisational changes, therapeutic support for young people in Luton is now provided by the Work and Wellbeing for Refugee Integration (WW4RI) project. To refer a young person, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATE 09/07/2020: All My View waiting lists (London (Croydon and Stratford), Leeds and Birmingham) are open for new referrals.
My View is a children’s therapy service, a safe, confidential place for young people to get well-being support. That can be through talking or doing creative work individually or through group therapeutic support.
“I did not have any hope when I first came here. I was thinking to harm myself but you have supported me and gave me education to myself. I feel confidence and you have given me so much. Thank you so much!”
What we offer
- Individual therapy sessions
- Creative and drama therapy groups
- Gardening Therapy
- Psycho-social groups
- Regular training and workshops for other professionals working with separated child refugees
- Capacity building for local authorities to address the specific needs of young refugees
Who it's for
- Children (11-17 years old) who are in the UK without their families, and who are refugees or seeking asylum
- The service is available in Birmingham, Leeds, Luton and London (Stratford and Croydon)
How to access this service
To request a referral form or if you have a query, please contact:
- For Stratford or Croydon - MyView@refugeecouncil.org.uk
- For Leeds, Luton or Birmingham - MyView.Regional@refugeecouncil.org.uk