Participants learn about established bread making techniques in this country and explore the skills and experience they gained in their home countries. Similarities and differences in ingredients, equipment and baking methods will be discussed and experimentation encouraged.
What we offer
- Introduction to bread-making , sourdoughs , Italian bread i.e. ciabatta, focaccia and grissini
- Participants share recipes from their home countries and learn to bake them together
- Employment Support: As part of the programme, all participants will receive on-going employment support and get to visit a variety of bakeries. Participants learn techniques from professionals and with support from our partners, will get the opportunity to undertake a work placement within a bakery to gain experience.
10 weeks, one day per week, on Tuesdays
Who it's for
You can access this service if you:
- Have Refugee Status, Humanitarian Protection as a result of asylum, Refugee Family Reunion visa
- Live in London
- Have minimum lower intermediate English level
- Have basic IT skills
- Are actively looking for work and willing to participate in project activities and job interviews/training etc
How to access this service
Express your interest using the form below.