We cannot predict the wars, conflicts or oppressive regimes that will force people to seek asylum in the future. But we can make sure that anyone who arrives in the UK seeking sanctuary finds the safety and support they deserve.
Leaving a gift in your Will to Refugee Council means that we can continue to be a lifeline for vulnerable refugee men, women and children. You can give them someone they can turn to. Someone they can trust.
If you’d like to talk about leaving a gift in your Will, or for any more information please email our Legacy Manager, Rowan, at the details below.
If you have a solicitor drawing up your will, they will advise on the wording that will best represent your wishes. The only information needed is the following:
- Full charity name: British Refugee Council
- Charity address: Gredley House, 1-11 Broadway, Stratford, E15 4BQ
- Charity Registration Number: 1014576
We promise to use your gift wisely and resourcefully to champion refugee rights and transform the lives of refugees and asylum seekers for many years to come.
Did you know?
- You can leave as little as 1% of your estate to charity
- There can be tax benefits. If you leave at least 10% of your estate to the Refugee Council in your Will, you’ll qualify for the reduced rate of inheritance tax of 36%
Find out more using the Government’s Inheritance Tax reduced rate calculator.